Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday 4 July 2009

    The Lives Of others are better than mine.


    Afternoon goths/freaks/emos/punks/loners

    It's a weird one but what do you do when your life breaks up. What do you do? Ask for help from your friends and family - no? Use myspace - like every other inbred on the planet? Stick an add in the Free Ads - next to 20 Fender Strats for sale - (unlikely ) or put a note up in Spillers (the world's oldest record shop) - (all been done before).

    I know I said life - but hey - music is my life, so no I'm not being over dramatic.

    Yeah - you're right though - none of them really work - I'm having to call up - so called acquaintances and see if they know anyone who fits the bill. Mmm. Needle in haystack time I guess. It's not that the band's actually broken up - let's just say - some of us are on a break. Steve that is, and yours truely.... I know - I'd never have thought he'd let me down, but he's gone and landed a job in France for the summer. So that means Steve is in Toulouse and i'm in Pontypridd. So maybe it's best to see if a spare guitarist or other might be free.

    I'm still in touch with Crazy goth girl Claire. She's a ****ing freak! But I dunnoh, she's got her sweet side. And as for Rugby starlet - he's off to Australia with the Welsh under 21's so all in all D's world is quiet and reflective this summmer.

    Been watching some amazing films. Two tips for anyone - The Lives of Others - Stasi era Berlin in 1984 - spying on a playwright. And Morven Collar. what happens when your boyfriend commits suicide but leaves you a blockbuster novel as a good bye note.

    Speaking of which - must finish that richie biog. A version of reason. song writing has gone thru the roof. Probably summat down to the fragile state of my mental health and the purchase of a Martin 00018. (don't ask). And on the subject - I'm not a weirdo to post a pix of Patrick Jones on the site - http://www.patrick-jones.net/ he's a honary band member and with two tracks on his CD I guess we're cut from the same cloth

    Some great comments on myspace for the band. www.myspace.com/defianceofgod so yeah, find strength in any way you can is my advise.

    No matter how broken my body gets they will never take my soul.

    D x

    No comments: