Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday 27 January 2009

    Best new act of the year - fact - Rod Thomas


    Hey Goths - I'm gonna surprise you all....

    I know it's not coool to brag about someone else on your own blog, but hey. Last night, I was feeling low. I mean real ***king low. I'd had a major bust up (again) with the UNI, they're so dead set on expelling me....so anyway - I'd drunk a quarter bottle Smirnoff and I was dozing on my bed....radio on low....

    OMG - was I dreaming this or what. I heard the best Radio session ever - there was guy on called Rod Thomas - doing what I can only describe as one man band, New Folk Disco ....not exactly conventional, but the guy had the most heartfelt wonderous songs, I've ever heard. Went straight to his myspace site. www.myspace.com/rodthomasmusic he's awesome, Welsh too, from Neath? And just back from LA working with Boom Bip (Neon Neon).

    Dunnoh, his music just made me wanna cry and laugh at the same time. Just do yourself a favour and listen to his tracks. He's got a new album out, Until Something Fits. It's awesome.

    My own life is ***t, but it's kinda Nice to know others are gonna be huge and successful - even if i don't ever make it. You know the URL. www.myspace.com/defianceofgod

    Enjoy the find of hte year, Rod thomas.

    D x

    No comments: